According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ginger has a calming and soothing flavour with a touch of a bite to it that helps to keep you alert and calm, and ginger is commonly used to help an upset stomach, motion or travel sickness or general low-grade fevers. It is also excellent for nausea and for warming you up when you feel cold (it stimulates cold hands and feet), and is esteemed as a "heating herb". Ginger is reputed to help ward off colds or improve your recovery time. Tea is the most gentle form of consuming ginger.
Simple hot ginger tea:
Fresh ginger root - approx 3 ounces
Boiled water - approx 3 cups
Honey or maple syrup or brown sugar - to taste, as sweeteners (optional)
Apple or lemon (optional)
1. Wash the ginger. Scrub it well.
2. Peel the ginger and slice it thinly, in small pieces. Use caution when cutting the ginger. Peeling is optional, if you have washed it well.
3. Boil the water.
4. Pour the boiled water into a teapot into which you have already placed the freshly sliced ginger. Put the lid on the teapot to stop the pot from cooling down too quickly and to keep the aromatic ingredients in the tea. Steep for 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Strain the tea after steeping or boiling and serve. Add sweeteners or flavour if desired.
6. Drink hot, at room temperature or cold - as preferred.
Previous: About Sushi
Related Industry Knowledge
- Ginger appetizers and invigorating ...
- Ginger heatstroke, cool, refreshing
- Ginger prevent motion sickness, nau...
- Ginger migraine
- Ginger in treating kidney impotence
- Ginger health wonders of arthritis ...
- Ginger health wonders of anti-infla...
- Ginger health wonders to reduce the...
- Ginger taboo
- Ginger note
- About Sushi
- what is sushi ginger
- GINGER MAY BE A WAY OF PREVENTING O...
- The best Christmas Spice-ginger
- Do you know a big benefit of ginger?
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Ginger Te...
- Pickled ginger health benefits
- Make Soft Ginger Cookies
- Tsukemono types
- Health benefit of ginger